Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas House

This time of year is so special for me. If you can imagine the absence of all the little houses on the mantle and all the crosses and Santa, then you know what the fireplace looks like most of the year. That is pretty good because the keeper of the house has a talent that is unmatched as for as I am concerned.
The keeper of the house has a talent of making a house into a home. A place where you want to be. The keeper makes everything look so good and you know that everything has its own place and that is exactly where it is suppose to be.

Stockings are hung with care. The smaller houses have their own place. The houses and stockings have a story of their on about who they belong to and where each was bought. Early in the morning I will sit in my favorite chair and have a cup of coffee and relive the story of how we acquired each of the ornaments and remember growing up with each item and recall the little hands that handled them in the past.


The Nativity Scene is a special one. Each peace was hand painted by an aunt. As I drink my coffee I try to put myself in the presence of the Wise Men as they kneel in front of their camels looking toward the manger where God was laying in the form of a human baby. Thinking about the life he would live and the death he would die for me and you.


The house is quite at 6:00am and my mind can wonder to when I was a child. The keeper of the house then was a special person also. She would shed her warmth and love through all the things she fitted together to make a house a home. A place you looked forward to coming to when the day was over.

I love my home and I love the keeper of the home more. You see the keeper of the house is my wife. My best friend, my life partner, my fishing buddy, my prayer partner, my all. She is the best keeper of the house I have ever known or will ever know. Thank you God for allowing us to have the 39 years we have had together. There have been sometimes when we had to pick up the carpet and move on but when we landed she always put together a special place to come to at the end of the day.

OH!!! Did I tell you that she is also the keeper of the lights and the yard as well? What a deal I got. Thank You God and thank you Carol.

I hope every one has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THE BEST NEW YEAR EVER. GIVE GOD ALL THE THANKS FOR THE SPECIAL GIFTS OF FAMILY AND THE BIRTH OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

1 comment:

  1. That was a really sweet post! I especially like the "oh!" part at the end. Mom has always had a lot of Christmas decor and always put everything up nicely. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete